|Location: Somerset, NJ |
|Job Title: Nursing Administrative Assistant|
|Reports to: Director, Patient Care Services|
|Type of position: Full-time|
|Under minimal supervision, develops, coordinates and monitors all aspects of the clinic and nursing department administrative workflow. Assists nursing, physicians and management with the day-to-day work flow in the clinic. Works with nursing staff and nursing leadership to ensure company administrative standards are being met/exceeded and are in accordance with standardized operating procedures.|
|• Assist nursing staff in the coordination of clinic activities; develop and recommend office procedures and systems; ensure smooth clinic operations.|
• Assist with clinic flow; escort patients to exam rooms as needed.
• Completes scheduling QCL’s within 24 hours of assignment.
• Receive and distribute incoming mail; review and evaluate mail to identify those items requiring priority attention by nursing staff and management. Prepares outgoing mail and packages for department.
• Office resource for office technologies including - fax, - printers, copiers, and other technologies as assigned.
• Directs and logs all incoming telephone calls to the nursing department, taking appropriate messages and/ or routing to the correct destination.
• Responsible for the coordination of the clinic’s schedule ( Consult, Sims, Follow ups, Fiducials/Hydrogels, and outside imaging) in Mosiaq working closely with nursing, radiation therapists, physicians, concierge staff and other team members. This individual will have access to the entire clinic schedule including physician calendars and must have the ability to see the whole picture and coordinate schedules appropriately in accordance with best practice and with time requirements. Informs appropriate team members and physicians of conflicting appointments.
• Coordinates CT/Simulations with sim and anesthesia nurses.
• Liaison with Intake for consult/simulations.
• Obtains medical records on current patients (labs, imaging reports, consultation reports).
• Provides back up support to nursing staff to scan documents into the Mosaiq environment, adhering to scanning guidelines.
• May coordinate calendars for nursing management to include scheduling meetings with internal and/or external customers.
• Provides coverage, when necessary and possible, to Registration and Concierge desks.
• Reschedules appointments from patient cancellations and MD schedule changes.
• Schedules MRI/PET’s at PRA for Procure patients.
• Completes patient disability forms.
• Upload and merge all images for patients in Velocity.
• Send patient demographics to anesthesia for billing.
• Write out patient radiology/labs prescriptions for MD signatures.
• Assures that billing sheets are completed, scanned into EMR and placed in Finance bin.
• Schedule and confirm follow up appointments and assure that they correspond with charge sheet notes.
• Assures that all documentation is in the EMR required for follow up appointments.
• Maintains and schedules patients’ appointments.
• Other duties as assigned.
|WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS|
|• 2-5 years of administrative experience|
• Healthcare experience preferred
• Experience scheduling medical appointments preferred
• Experience with EMR’s preferred
|REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES|
|• Exemplary customer satisfaction skills are a priority, including dealing effectively with the public, both in person and over the telephone |
• Standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment; Excellent Microsoft skills, including Word, Excel & Outlook (PowerPoint a plus)
• Proficient in professional correspondence, spreadsheets, and presentation preparation
• Basic mathematical computations, accounting and record keeping
• Creative and innovative techniques for performing assignments
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task under pressure
• Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and judgment when appropriate
• Works well with ProCure staff on all levels, and develops excellent working relationships with ProCure’s corporate offices
• Flexibility with day-to-day duties to ensure maximum efficiency of ProCure Intake staff
• Analyzing and resolving office administrative and procedural problems
• Performing basic research and preparing reports and recommendations
• Organizing own work, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction
• Performs all other duties that are unit specific and are appropriate to this position
|• Cooperation/Building Collaborative Relationships|
• Goal Orientation
• Flexibility/Managing Change
• Organization/Attention to Detail and Time Usage
|• Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience, including 2-5 years administrative experience.|
• CNA/MA preferred but not required.