|Location: Somerset, NJ |
|Job Title: Financial Services Coordinator|
|Reports to: Supervisor, Financial Intake|
|Type of position: Full-time|
|The Patient Financial Services Coordinator (FSC) is a part of the multidisciplinary team responsible for providing accurate and professional clearance, reviewing demographics, employment and insurance data necessary for payment of proton therapy treatment and verifies insurance coverage and benefits for our patients. Assists patients with financial counseling related coverage / reimbursement of proton healthcare related expenses. Assures that patients are financially cleared prior to patients being scheduled for consultations/simulations and that there are not any outstanding balances prior to clearance. May assist in collecting co-payments and payments prior to and during treatment. Communicates directly with physicians as required. |
|Verifies insurance / financial information through a variety of means, ensuring that insurance information and authorizations provided are current, accurate and not approaching expiration.|
• Determines the insurance policy coverage regarding proton therapy, including, but not limited to, site, diagnosis, clinical and testing prerequisites, limits of coverage, patient responsibility, referral, pre-authorization, precertification requirements, etc.
• Documents necessary approvals from patients’ payer sources and patient in Mosaiq and IMS.
• Checks IMS on a daily basis for new patients’ pending authorization and benefits.
• Educates patients on the insurance approval process for protons and any associated ancillary services needed from partner facilities.
• Provides explanations and/or guidance on insurance coverage and/or available community, local and/or regional resources for patients.
• Cross trains to all areas of FSC responsibilities including finance appointments and collections in the clinic area. Enters demographic information into Mosaiq. Communicates directly with patients if there are any questions.
• Utilizes internal / partner hospital’s electronic registration system.
• Performs job activities using Electronic Medical Record (Mosaiq) and maintains a paperless patient insurance record.
• Acts as key insurance interface between the Center and the partner physician practice(s).
• Maintains current knowledge of Radiation Oncology insurance requirements.
• Offers process improvement ideas for insurance areas to enhance patient satisfaction and improve results.
• Records timely and accurate information of all patient demographic, insurance and billing information in Mosaiq.
• Adapts to changes in processes and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisors/Managers/ Directors.
• Communicates clearly and effectively to physicians regarding patients out of pocket expenses and closes the loop with Clinical Intake regarding scheduling.
• Identifies and contributes to Operational process improvement programs/initiatives to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of services provided.
• Communicates opportunities to management.
• Attends daily Capacity Rounds as assigned by Finance Supervisor and communicates to the team accurate and up to date clearance status.
• Tracks all patients on break/re-treats and # of fractions added to patients on treatment to confirm that the authorization and coverage for the added services are accurate.
• Verifies and updates insurance benefits for any changes for patients who continue treatment into the New Year.
|WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS|
|• A minimum of two years of experience in healthcare insurance. |
• Ideal candidate will possess experience with healthcare insurance processing and claims.
• Experience performing electronic registration, financial hardship applications, insurance eligibility and enrollment
• Experience interfacing with patients and their families regarding healthcare insurance coverage
|REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES|
|• Healthcare insurance / claims expertise|
• Exemplary customer satisfaction skills, including dealing effectively with customers, both in person and over the telephone
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient using Microsoft office products and electronic registration systems
• Understands ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT coding
• Medical terminology
• Experience using Mosaiq / IMPAC software preferred
• Experience using NaviNet and Passport for prior authorization and benefits preferred
• Understands management of patient accounts via outsourced billing providers
|• Problem Solving/Analytical Skills|
• Organization, Attention to Detail & Time Usage
• Performance Standards/Results Orientation
• Interpersonal / Communication skills
|• HS Diploma or GED required|
• College Degree preferred
|• While this job description outlines the general duties and responsibilities of this role, the Financial Intake Coordinator may be asked to perform other functions and duties as required or assigned|