|Location: Somerset, NJ |
|Job Title: Licensed Clinical Social Worker|
|Reports to: Director, Patient Care Services|
|Type of position: Full-time|
|Provide supportive counseling and coordination of social services to ensure that patients receive the emotional, psychological & financial support needed to sustain radiation therapy at ProCure. Assists in meeting the overall goals of the multidisciplinary oncology team caring for the patients and their care givers. |
|• Provide counseling and mediation support services to patients and their families while on treatment at ProCure.|
• Identify and assist patient with resources for appropriate grants and social service referrals.
• Collaborate with nurses and physicians to identify the needs of global patients and their families.
• Identify high risk patients with an emphasis on pediatric patients to meet their needs while ensuring that the patient receives the highest level of care and support.
• Help patients identify barriers to care for treatments and the steps required to ensure a positive clinical relationship between the patient and ProCure staff/physicians.
• Mitigate risk by ensuring policies and procedures are aligned with prevailing social work practice and the patient’s right to privacy.
• Collaborate with other social workers at other hospitals to coordinate the emotional care of the patient to bridge the relationship between ProCure and other health care facilities.
• Build rapport with patients and their families and relay all concerns to the Nurse Manager.
• Refer any staff related issues to the Director, Patient Care Services/RT Supervisors or Director of Human Resources.
|WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS|
|• 2-3 years + clinical social work experience in outpatient/inpatient medical facility|
• Bilingual preferred
|REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES|
|• Excellent listening, communication & interpersonal skills|
• Solid problem solving skills to develop practical and innovative solutions
• Possess compassion and empathy for patients and care givers
• Expertise in managing stress associated with taking care of oncology patients
• Experience with EMR’s
• Ability to maintain records, prepares reports and compose correspondences
|• Problem Solving/Conflict Resolution|
• Time Management
• Organization Management
• Interpersonal Communication Skills
|• Master’s Degree in Social Work|
• Valid and current LCSW license