AT A GLANCE:
ABOUT SCCA PROTON THERAPY, A PROCURE CENTER
- Groundbreaking ceremony on March 22, 2011
- Opened March 8, 2013
- Capacity to treat approximately 1,400 patients per year at full capacity
- 1570 North 115th Street, Seattle, Wash.
- Design completed by Tsoi Kobus & Associates, Cambridge, Mass.
- 60,000 sq. ft.
- Two inclined-beam rooms
- One fixed beam room
- One gantry treatment room
- FDA-approved proton therapy equipment manufactured by IBA, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- ProCure Treatment Centers, Inc., a team of nationally renowned experts in developing proton centers, provides management support and a model for the complete design, construction, financing, staffing, training and day-to-day operations of world-class proton therapy centers across the United States.
Radiation Oncology Group
- Radiation oncologists from the University of Washington Department of Radiation Oncology and its partner institutions will provide clinical care in the center.
- SCCA, along with its partner institutions – Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, UW Medicine and Seattle Children’s – is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest.
- The center is located on the campus of Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, a full-service, acute-care hospital in north Seattle.
- Physicians and medical staff trained in proton therapy at ProCure’s Training and Development Center (TDC)
- All private financing secured
- Development of the Center made possible by federal support and private grants, including support from the Norcliffe Foundation
- Created 100 permanent jobs
For More Information
Sky Opila, PCI